After a crazy winter, it seems as though Spring is finally here to stay. And with the warmer weather, there are many opportunities to take date night outside. One of my wife's favorite date activities is to hit up the local farmer's market. She loves all of the locally sourced fruits and vegetables. And I can be a sucker for the fun little trinkets and art that are sprinkled throughout the market. Since we love these Spring day dates so much, we thought we'd share a quick date idea for you.
- Check out the local paper for a farmer's market near you. They are typically held on Saturday so reserve some time this weekend.
- Research some recipes online for lunch this Saturday. Make sure all of the ingredients you could pick up at the farmer's market.
- Visit the farmer's market together. If you have a dog, you should see if they allow you to bring pets. Set a goal to buy all of the ingredients for under $10.
- Drive around before you head home and see if you could find any garage sales to visit. See who could find the best value item at each garage sale.
- Head home and cook up that delicious, farmer's market provided lunch. If it's still nice outside, you should take the meal outside.
If you're looking to keep the date going through the night, you could always add one of our creative date nights!